the word "seed" in Genesis 12:7

Come here to read our policies, ask questions, make suggestions, or find out the latest news about the B-Hebrew forum.
col314

the word "seed" in Genesis 12:7

Post by col314 »

Hello, I'm Colleen McAllister, I live in Adelaide, South Australia. I'm a Bible student and have studied a bit of Hebrew over the years. This is the first time I've used this forum - so here goes.

My question - is the word "seed" in Genesis 12:7 like the English word that can be singular or plural. It appears to me that the context is probably the only way to tell. Hopefully someone can help me out with this query.
Thank you in anticipation
Kenneth Greifer

Re: the word "seed" in Genesis 12:7

Post by Kenneth Greifer »

Colleen,

I am not a moderator here, but I think you should repeat your question in the General Discussion section instead of in the introduction section. You are more likely to get an answer there.

I think you should learn to use the Blue Letter Bible or a site called Bible Hub. They have very good dictionaries that explain word by word every Hebrew word in every quote. I use them all the time, and they are very helpful.

Kenneth Greifer
Kenneth Greifer
SteveMiller

Post by SteveMiller »

Colleen,
Kenneth is right that you should post this question in the General Discussion area.

The word for seed in Hebrew is plural when it denotes multiple kinds of seeds as in 1Sam 8:15, which is the only instance of the word in the plural.
Sincerely yours,
Steve Miller
Detroit
http://www.voiceInWilderness.info
Honesty is the best policy. - George Washington (1732-99)
Kirk Lowery
Site Admin

Post by Kirk Lowery »

I have moved this topic to General Discussions. Hopefully, more will see and comment.
Kirk E. Lowery, PhD
B-Hebrew Site Administrator & Moderator
blog: https://blogs.emdros.org/eh