What's new in WLC 4.22

Discussion must focus on the Hebrew text (including text criticism) and its ancient translations, not on archaeology, modern language translations, or theological controversies.
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
bdenckla

What's new in WLC 4.22

Post by bdenckla »

If you're curious to know what's new in Groves' Westminster Leningrad Codex 4.22, check out my listing and analysis of those changes. (4.22 was released back in November of 2020 but I've only just gotten around to taking a look at it!)

Most of these changes have been adopted into UXLC long ago, so for most of these changes, I let UXLC's change record suffice as analysis. (UXLC can be thought of as a "fork" of WLC 4.22. It is hosted at https://tanach.us.)

But, particularly in cases where UXLC rejected a WLC 4.22 change, I have some new analysis, sometimes quite in-depth.

My critique of one particular change in Ezra 4:12 may be of particular interest, since it sort of ballooned into a review of certain exotic ketiv/qere cases in general.

My critique of the removal of all seven Decalogue rafeh marks may also be of interest.
Ben Denckla
Contributor, MAM & UXLC.
cvkimball

Re: What's new in WLC 4.22

Post by cvkimball »

Minor note: The UXLC is a fork of WLC 4.20 (25 Jan 2016), not of WLC 4.22. UXLC 1.0 (Build 26.0) was released 1 Apr 2020.

Chris Kimball
West Redding, CT
USA
bdenckla

Re: What's new in WLC 4.22

Post by bdenckla »

cvkimball wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am The UXLC is a fork of WLC 4.20 (25 Jan 2016), not of WLC 4.22.
Woops, quite right. What I should have said is that UXLC forked from 4.20 but although some forks "never look back," UXLC took most but not all changes from 4.22.
Ben Denckla
Contributor, MAM & UXLC.