Joshua 5:15

Discussion must focus on the Hebrew text (including text criticism) and its ancient translations, not on archaeology, modern language translations, or theological controversies.
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
Kenneth Greifer

Re: Joshua 5:15

Post by Kenneth Greifer »

I changed my mind.
Last edited by Kenneth Greifer on Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenneth Greifer
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

Kenneth Greifer wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:09 pm I should not have explained my opinion in a religious way like I did.
Self-moderation is awesome! I was just going to ignore it and not respond. Thanks for picking up on it. Once we veer into religious opinions, I don’t have much to say. I’m interested in the text. If it’s the religious opinions of the ancients, it’s more relevant to me. :)
Jason Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel
The Hebrew Café
יוֹדֵ֣עַ צַ֭דִּיק נֶ֣פֶשׁ בְּהֶמְתּ֑וֹ וְֽרַחֲמֵ֥י רְ֝שָׁעִ֗ים אַכְזָרִֽי׃
ספר משלי י״ב, י׳
Kenneth Greifer

Post by Kenneth Greifer »

I changed my mind.
Kenneth Greifer
Madagoo

Post by Madagoo »

hi Guys,

Found your discussion interesting. I would strongly recommend you reading The Unseen Realm by Dr Mike Heiser. He's also posted lots of seminars on YouTube too. He looks at several strands that link to this particular Elohim referred to as ha Malak Elohim etc. He interacts with Alan Segal's book "Two Powers in Heaven" that Boyarin mentions and notes that the early Christians were following the Two Powers trajectory from the OT and seeing it being fulfilled in the incarnate God "the second power" the Visible Yahweh who could be perceived by the senses.
Kirk Lowery
Site Admin

Post by Kirk Lowery »

A request: forum policy requires a (real) first and last name on posts. This can be done manually at the bottom of the post; or, you put it in your signature, like mine below. You could change your user name to your full name, but in this case either Jason or I would have to do it for you. Your choice.

Thanks for your understanding.

Blessings,
Kirk
Kirk E. Lowery, PhD
B-Hebrew Site Administrator & Moderator
blog: https://blogs.emdros.org/eh
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

Kirk Lowery wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:44 pm A request: forum policy requires a (real) first and last name on posts. This can be done manually at the bottom of the post; or, you put it in your signature, like mine below. You could change your user name to your full name, but in this case either Jason or I would have to do it for you. Your choice.

Thanks for your understanding.

Blessings,
Kirk
If you make the request on this thread, we’ll change your name and then delete the post (so that it doesn’t hang around on the forum). ;)
Jason Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel
The Hebrew Café
יוֹדֵ֣עַ צַ֭דִּיק נֶ֣פֶשׁ בְּהֶמְתּ֑וֹ וְֽרַחֲמֵ֥י רְ֝שָׁעִ֗ים אַכְזָרִֽי׃
ספר משלי י״ב, י׳