4QDeutj Deuteronomy 32:8-9

This forum is for discussion of the Hebrew texts of the DSS, both biblical and sectarian texts.
Kenneth Greifer

4QDeutj Deuteronomy 32:8-9

Post by Kenneth Greifer »

Does anyone know a site that shows this fragment (4QDeutj) or, even better, that has Deuteronomy 32:8-9 from this fragment written out in Hebrew? Also, if you know of a site with the same things for 4QDeutq that would also be helpful. Thank you.

Kenneth Greifer
Kenneth Greifer
Kenneth Greifer

Re: 4QDeutj Deuteronomy 32:8-9

Post by Kenneth Greifer »

I found a book by Juha Pakkala called G-d's Word Omitted and on page 186 it has Deuteronomy 32:8 of 4 QDeutj. I also saw a picture of the fragment on the internet. 4QDeutq Deuteronomy 32:8-9 or whatever it was, I saw in an article, so ignore my question.

Kenneth Greifer
Kenneth Greifer
kwrandolph

Post by kwrandolph »

Kenneth Greifer wrote:Does anyone know a site that shows this fragment (4QDeutj) or, even better, that has Deuteronomy 32:8-9 from this fragment written out in Hebrew? Also, if you know of a site with the same things for 4QDeutq that would also be helpful. Thank you.

Kenneth Greifer
I just checked the Biblical Qumran Scrolls by Eugene Charles Ulrich (it’s also online, but I have it as a .pdf file on my computer) and these verses are so fragmentary that it can legitimately be questioned if they are of these verses. In other words, there are only about six words total attested to in all the verses from Deuteronomy 32:7–10.

Sorry, not much help there.

Karl W. Randolph.
S_Walch

Post by S_Walch »

4QDeutj
Deuteronomy 32:7 בינו [שנות דור ודור שאל אביך ויגדך זקניך ויאמרו לך]
8 בהנחי[ל עליון גוים בהפרידו בני אדם יצב גבלת עמים למספר]
בני אלוהים [ 9 כי חלק יהוה עמו יעקב חבל נחלתו 10ימצאהו בארץ]

http://www.deadseascrolls.org.il/explor ... e/B-359054

http://www.deadseascrolls.org.il/explor ... e/B-359055

Fragment is quite large, despite it only having a few words extant on it. Appears to be the bottom of a column.
Ste Walch