Does this verb exist ?

Classical Hebrew morphology and syntax, aspect, linguistics, discourse analysis, and related topics
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
kwrandolph

Re: Does this verb exist ?

Post by kwrandolph »

Jonathan Beck wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:28 pm What do you think a concordance is? A translation of words according to their contexts. C'mon now.

Unless, of course, you can read a Hebrew concordance, which would not include an English translation of the Hebrew word.

I'm back, people! :)

Jonathan
Hebrew concordance, of course. No English translation. Years ago I bought Lisowski Handkondanz zum Hebräischen Alten Testament (now falling apart) where the only English is a gloss at the beginning of each list of uses. I now supplement it with electronic word searches of the Hebrew text.

I noticed that Lisovski’s glosses tend to be more accurate to actual word uses than Gesenius’.

Karl W. Randolph.
Jason Hare

Re: Does this verb exist ?

Post by Jason Hare »

I've got this edition, which I haven't seen in years. It's with my mother back in the States. When I moved to Israel, I picked up this edition (by Even-Shoshan), but it also found its way into someone else's hands. Nowadays, it's only Logos and the Mechon Mamre website.
Jason Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel
The Hebrew Café
יוֹדֵ֣עַ צַ֭דִּיק נֶ֣פֶשׁ בְּהֶמְתּ֑וֹ וְֽרַחֲמֵ֥י רְ֝שָׁעִ֗ים אַכְזָרִֽי׃
ספר משלי י״ב, י׳