Movies I like and recommend

General conversations that don’t belong in any other forum.
Kenneth Greifer

Movies I like and recommend

Post by Kenneth Greifer »

I was thinking about some movies I like, and I thought I will recommend some of them. I really like the movie "Blast from the Past" and "Just Friends" which are really funny and cute romantic comedies.

I also recently saw two funny, but kind of gruesome horror comedy movies that I really liked. It is too bad that they make movies so gory, but strangely these two movies are really nice and funny, if you look away occasionally. One is called "Tucker and Dale versus Evil" and the other is "Freaky", which is basically a cross between "Freaky Friday" and "Friday the 13th." They are both kind of nice movies that actually have good stories, but unfortunately some gore.
Kenneth Greifer
Kenneth Greifer

Re: Movies I like and recommend

I forgot that I also like the movie "Bedazzled" which is a romantic comedy, sort of, with a religious aspect to it because a man sells his soul for seven wishes, and he tries to get a certain woman to like him, but each wish is really a trick by the angel who bought his soul. There was an original and a remake. I like them both, but the remake with Brendan Fraser and Elizabeth Hurley is kind of more fun to watch.
Kenneth Greifer
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

Are these just general movies? Do you have any movies that are related to the Hebrew Bible or to the Hebrew language?
Jason Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel
The Hebrew Café
יוֹדֵ֣עַ צַ֭דִּיק נֶ֣פֶשׁ בְּהֶמְתּ֑וֹ וְֽרַחֲמֵ֥י רְ֝שָׁעִ֗ים אַכְזָרִֽי׃
ספר משלי י״ב, י׳
Kenneth Greifer

Jason,
I guess I misunderstood what a coffee lounge part of a discussion forum would be used for. Feel free to delete what I posted. Thank you.
Kenneth Greifer
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

Kenneth Greifer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:14 pm Jason,
I guess I misunderstood what a coffee lounge part of a discussion forum would be used for. Feel free to delete what I posted. Thank you.
Well, it should certainly be a more relaxed area, but I think that some relation to the forum topic might be a good expectation. ;)
Jason Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel
The Hebrew Café
ספר משלי י״ב, י׳
Kenneth Greifer

The category says for "general conversations", and I am a literalist apparently.
Kenneth Greifer
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

On Netflix, there’s an Israeli series called Shtisel. Are you able to view it where you live? It’s half in Hebrew and half in Yiddish.
Jason Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel
The Hebrew Café
ספר משלי י״ב, י׳
Kenneth Greifer

I don't have Netflix. Is it a comedy? I basically only watch movies (legally on Youtube) and videos on Youtube. I have not watched a TV show in years probably. I mostly watch romantic comedies and some horror type movies that are not pure horror, but have some comedy. I bet you would like the movie "Footnotes" which I think is Israeli and is about scholars. I saw part of it.
Kenneth Greifer
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

Kenneth Greifer wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:46 pm I don't have Netflix. Is it a comedy? I basically only watch movies (legally on Youtube) and videos on Youtube. I have not watched a TV show in years probably. I mostly watch romantic comedies and some horror type movies that are not pure horror, but have some comedy. I bet you would like the movie "Footnotes" which I think is Israeli and is about scholars. I saw part of it.
No, not a comedy at all. It follows the lives of an Ultra-Orthodox family in Jerusalem and what happens when the son doesn’t follow the path that his father (the head of a yeshivah) had marked out for him. He wanted to become a painter instead of a rabbi, and he sought to be with a woman who wasn’t from within their specific community.

I’ve got Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, Showtime Anytime, Paramount+, and Disney+. I watch plenty of movies and shows. I’m crazy about the Marvel movies!
Jason Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel
The Hebrew Café
ספר משלי י״ב, י׳
Kenneth Greifer

Jason Hare wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:39 pm
Kenneth Greifer wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:46 pm I don't have Netflix. Is it a comedy? I basically only watch movies (legally on Youtube) and videos on Youtube. I have not watched a TV show in years probably. I mostly watch romantic comedies and some horror type movies that are not pure horror, but have some comedy. I bet you would like the movie "Footnotes" which I think is Israeli and is about scholars. I saw part of it.
No, not a comedy at all. It follows the lives of an Ultra-Orthodox family in Jerusalem and what happens when the son doesn’t follow the path that his father (the head of a yeshivah) had marked out for him. He wanted to become a painter instead of a rabbi, and he sought to be with a woman who wasn’t from within their specific community.

I’ve got Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, Showtime Anytime, Paramount+, and Disney+. I watch plenty of movies and shows. I’m crazy about the Marvel movies!
Wow. I hate superhero movies, but I did see a parody of them called "Superhero Movie" from 2008 which makes fun of Spiderman and Batman, etc. I think it is funny. Not the best. I refuse to watch any of the Superhero movies or Star Wars movies. I am obsessed with the movie "Blast from the Past" which is about a guy whose parents mistakenly think nuclear war has broken out and they live in fallout shelter under their house for 35 years where he is born, and he goes out after 35 years and thinks the people are mutants, etc. It is a cute love story. I try to get people to watch it.
It is actually free with ads on Youtube right now. Does it show up in Israel too?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGEwZzJEhRA
Kenneth Greifer