Greetings from Cincinnati!

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
Jonathan Beck

Greetings from Cincinnati!

Post by Jonathan Beck »

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum so I guess I should post in the introductions section. Jason referred me.

I'm Jonathan. I started taking Biblical Hebrew while in high school. One of the Bible teachers there had his doctorate from Hebrew Union College and he offered a course as an elective. I took it for two years and was hooked. I continued my studies through college (Asbury University), getting a BA in Bible (and recently, Spanish) with a minor in Biblical languages. So, I basically took Hebrew all through college.

In seminary I got an MA and MDiv with an emphasis on biblical languages, though I didn't do too well in Greek. I took through Advanced Hebrew Grammar under John Cook and took as many Hebrew exegesis courses as I could.

Guess what my favorite subject was? :)

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and helping out (and learning) where I can!

Blessings,

Jonathan Beck
Jonathan Beck
Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion, Cincinnati
Interim Pastor, Norwood Grace UMC, Cincinnati, OH.
Jason Hare

Re: Greetings from Cincinnati!

Post by Jason Hare »

Beck,

It's great to have you on board. Welcome to B-Hebrew רִשְׁמִית rishmit (officially)!!

By the way, I wanted to tell you that I downloaded the Transcription keyboard from SBL, and it's friggin' awesome! Thanks for the recommendation! ʾĔlōhîm - I literally typed that on my keyboard instead of hunting through the character map. You just changed my life. ;)
Jason Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel
The Hebrew Café
יוֹדֵ֣עַ צַ֭דִּיק נֶ֣פֶשׁ בְּהֶמְתּ֑וֹ וְֽרַחֲמֵ֥י רְ֝שָׁעִ֗ים אַכְזָרִֽי׃
ספר משלי י״ב, י׳
Jonathan Beck

Re: Greetings from Cincinnati!

Post by Jonathan Beck »

Jason Hare wrote:
By the way, I wanted to tell you that I downloaded the Transcription keyboard from SBL, and it's friggin' awesome! Thanks for the recommendation! ʾĔlōhîm - I literally typed that on my keyboard instead of hunting through the character map. You just changed my life. ;)
You're welcome, Hare. Happy to help out! Haha!

Jonathan
Jonathan Beck
Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion, Cincinnati
Interim Pastor, Norwood Grace UMC, Cincinnati, OH.