Introducing Michael Wallace

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
Michael J Wallace

Introducing Michael Wallace

Post by Michael J Wallace »

Hello everyone,

I'm so excited to be on this forum. I found out about it through admin Jason Hare, through whom I'm finishing a course on intermediate Biblical Hebrew. I am an associate pastor at a historic Presbyterian church in downtown Canton, OH. I love learning languages and have formally studied seven different ones. I took one year of Biblical Hebrew in seminary (over a decade ago now), but let it get rusty. As I hope to lead a church trip to Israel next year, I have been trying to learn Modern Hebrew through the Middlebury Summer Language Institute. At the same time, I am trying to pick up Biblical Hebrew again. I hope to do a ThM in the fall in OT/ Hebrew Bible and eventually teach abroad during future Sabbaticals from church. I'm glad to be here and eager to learn all that I can.

Thanks!
Michael
Jason Hare

Re: Introducing Michael Wallace

Post by Jason Hare »

Michael,

You didn't mention your amazing singing ability!

I had no idea that you studied Hebrew only ten years ago. In that case, you've got great retention!

Seriously, though, it's really nice to see you here. I'm glad you've joined us.

I'm actually an admin on B-Greek, but I'm a moderator over here at B-Hebrew.

Next week will be the final of our course. I hope to see you in the rabbinic group, too. We'll be finishing Fernández's textbook in a few weeks - and then into the Mishnah!

Talk to you later.

Jason
Jason Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel
The Hebrew Café
יוֹדֵ֣עַ צַ֭דִּיק נֶ֣פֶשׁ בְּהֶמְתּ֑וֹ וְֽרַחֲמֵ֥י רְ֝שָׁעִ֗ים אַכְזָרִֽי׃
ספר משלי י״ב, י׳