Returning after a long time away...

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
Chris Watts

Returning after a long time away...

Post by Chris Watts »

Yes I wish that were true. I recognise some of the gentlemen here, nothing seems to have changed except their hair colour probably. Like mine, it's priceless - all silver now. Anyway after, I don't know, 8 years I think, of well, let's just call it 'Life', I decided to re-join the forum. Not that I had ever given up on reading and being enthusiastic for the Hebrew scripture, but rather I had spent a lot less time in grammar and analysing and more just reading when I could. I hardly think that I will contribute unless a newbie enters the gate with some slighly less than intermediate question. So I will say now, in anticipation, that I very much respect the time that people take to answer queries, that there is a human heart behind that keyboard.
Jason Hare

Re: Returning after a long time away...

Post by Jason Hare »

Hi, Chris. Welcome back to B-Hebrew! Hope you post frequently and with great quantity! What do you most love about Hebrew?
Jason Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel
The Hebrew Café
יוֹדֵ֣עַ צַ֭דִּיק נֶ֣פֶשׁ בְּהֶמְתּ֑וֹ וְֽרַחֲמֵ֥י רְ֝שָׁעִ֗ים אַכְזָרִֽי׃
ספר משלי י״ב, י׳
Chris Watts

Post by Chris Watts »

Jason Hare wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:08 pm Hi, Chris. Welcome back to B-Hebrew! Hope you post frequently and with great quantity! What do you most love about Hebrew?
Shakespear's King Lear in Act 1 Scene 1 when he asked his 3 daughters how much they loved him; The first two gave eloquent and highly descriptive discourses, then Cordelia, the youngest,replied with: "...I can not heave my heart into my mouth...". An affinity for a language happens upon you when you live and work and love the people. In the Netherlands it was Dutch, in Spain it was Spanish, but Hebrew? It was simply a seed planted when all rationale and intlellectual aspirations defied explanation. It is just there - and unlike Dutch or Spanish, it is not of of mind but in the heart. This is the best I can offer Jason.

Thankyou for the reply by the way
Chris Watts

As a PS, I tried finding the rules and size limitations for uploading a file, but no mention about this in FAQ's excepting that one needs special permission. Is this correct?
Kirk Lowery
Site Admin

Post by Kirk Lowery »

Chris,

I have turned on file uploading/downloading for image files and document files (including PowerPoint and others). For security reasons, I have not allowed plain text files because they can be used to upload executable scripts.

There are also size limits; if you run into those, let me know via email and we'll sort it out. And of course if uploading doesn't work at all, let me know at once.

Kirk
Kirk E. Lowery, PhD
B-Hebrew Site Administrator & Moderator
blog: https://blogs.emdros.org/eh
Chris Watts

Post by Chris Watts »

Kirk Lowery wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:22 am Chris,

I have turned on file uploading/downloading for image files and document files (including PowerPoint and others). For security reasons, I have not allowed plain text files because they can be used to upload executable scripts.

There are also size limits; if you run into those, let me know via email and we'll sort it out. And of course if uploading doesn't work at all, let me know at once.

Kirk

Thankyou Kirk, appreciated.

Chris watts