Hello Everyone!

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
Jason Hare

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by Jason Hare »

Paul Kohlmeier wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:33 am And yes, it is rather unfortunate that forums in general seem to be less active in the past few years. I've noticed that with other forums as well. It is especially unfortunate when the resource is as great as this.
I think people would just rather use Facebook and other social media platforms. That way, they have everything stored together, can easily share pics and videos, etc. Some have told me that forums are outdated. I think they can be very useful... provided that people use them. I hate that you have no font options on Facebook. I want to be able to post with language-specific fonts and to make words bigger and clearer. I don’t enjoy reading long posts on Facebook at all. But, to each their own.

For B-Hebrew, I have created tags that encode specifically for a font called Junicode for English (which I’m using now and can be downloaded and installed for free) and either SBL BibLit or Shofar for Hebrew. You might check them out if you’re interested.
Jason Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel
The Hebrew Café
יוֹדֵ֣עַ צַ֭דִּיק נֶ֣פֶשׁ בְּהֶמְתּ֑וֹ וְֽרַחֲמֵ֥י רְ֝שָׁעִ֗ים אַכְזָרִֽי׃
ספר משלי י״ב, י׳
Kenneth Greifer

Post by Kenneth Greifer »

I hate discussions on Facebook because people can reply all over the place with sub-replies, etc. It is hard to know what you read or not. On this forum, every comment goes in order, so you can see the whole discussion easily.
Kenneth Greifer
Paul Kohlmeier

Post by Paul Kohlmeier »

Jason Hare wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:40 pm My personal suggestion would be the change directions and go with Kutz and Josberger’s Learning Biblical Hebrew: Reading for Comprehension. It’s all about reading and getting ahead in Hebrew.
Speaking of Kutz and Josberger, I just got notification that the workbook is being shipped to me. I ordered the textbook and workbook around Christmas, and it was delayed. Apparently the textbook is still on back order, however. Sigh.

I also have a copy of Basics of Biblical Hebrew by Pratico and Van Pelt. I find that a good contender as well, if I get stuck with Seow. But at the moment I'm still chugging along with Seow.
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

Paul Kohlmeier wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:29 pm
Jason Hare wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:40 pm My personal suggestion would be the change directions and go with Kutz and Josberger’s Learning Biblical Hebrew: Reading for Comprehension. It’s all about reading and getting ahead in Hebrew.
Speaking of Kutz and Josberger, I just got notification that the workbook is being shipped to me. I ordered the textbook and workbook around Christmas, and it was delayed. Apparently the textbook is still on back order, however. Sigh.

I also have a copy of Basics of Biblical Hebrew by Pratico and Van Pelt. I find that a good contender as well, if I get stuck with Seow. But at the moment I'm still chugging along with Seow.
How far have you gotten in Seow at this point? Is it going well?
Jason Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel
The Hebrew Café
ספר משלי י״ב, י׳
Paul Kohlmeier

Post by Paul Kohlmeier »

I am currently reading through Lesson V. So far so good.
Sean O'Buadhaigh

Post by Sean O'Buadhaigh »

Sean O'Buadhaigh
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

Who are you addressing your question to?
Jason Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel
The Hebrew Café
ספר משלי י״ב, י׳
Sean O'Buadhaigh

Post by Sean O'Buadhaigh »

Jason Hare wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:01 pm Who are you addressing your question to?
It was addressed to you, but in the wrong thread. Sorry about that.
Sean O'Buadhaigh
talmid56

Post by talmid56 »

Jason wrote:
For B-Hebrew, I have created tags that encode specifically for a font called Junicode for English (which I’m using now and can be downloaded and installed for free) and either SBL BibLit or Shofar for Hebrew.
Will SBL Hebrew still work here as well?
Dewayne Dulaney
דואיין דוליני

Blog: https://letancientvoicesspeak.wordpress.com/

כִּ֤י שֶׁ֨מֶשׁ׀ וּמָגֵן֮ יְהוָ֪ה אֱלֹ֫הִ֥ים חֵ֣ן וְ֭כָבוֹד יִתֵּ֣ן יְהוָ֑ה לֹ֥א יִמְנַע־ט֝֗וֹב לַֽהֹלְכִ֥ים בְּתָמִֽים׃
--(E 84:11) 84:12 תהלים
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

talmid56 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:58 pm Will SBL Hebrew still work here as well?
That font has stopped being supported, as well as SBL Greek. They’ve combined SBL Hebrew and SBL Greek into SBL BibLit. I’ll make sure it still appears, but you should replace the font in your system (because it’s antiquated).
Jason Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel
The Hebrew Café
ספר משלי י״ב, י׳