Introducing Gary Hedrick

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
Mpradio

Introducing Gary Hedrick

Post by Mpradio »

I've been mostly a lurker on B-Hebrew over the years, but have enjoyed that association very much because it's been such a rich learning experience. I especially appreciate the wide divergence of viewpoints on this list and find that diversity to be conducive to learning and expanding knowledge. After all, like someone has well said, if you and I were to agree on everything, that would render one of us unnecessary!

Nonetheless, I find myself somewhat of a kindred spirit with our B-Hebrew comrade Karl Randolph (and some others on this forum) since I'm a thorough-going evangelical, with a unabashedly high view of Scripture.

Vocationally, I work for CJF Ministries, a Texas based religious organization tracing it roots back to the 1940s when a young Jewish man (Charles Halff) became a believer in Yeshua (Jesus) as his Messiah. Today, we are a Messianic (Jewish-Christian) ministry occupied with bridging the gap between the Jewish and Christian communities, and to helping Jewish people understand the Gospel in its original historical and cultural context.

Educationally, I'm a graduate of Bob Jones University in Greenville, SC (BA in Bible with minor concentrations in communications and koine Greek). I have also done graduate work in biblical Hebrew (Hebrew University, Jerusalem), but still have a lot to learn.

Family-wise, my wife Marcia and I have been married since 1977 and make our home in the Alamo City (San Antonio, Texas). (Technically, we live out in the country north of San Antonio near the town of Boerne, Texas. So we're country folks!) We have three children and three beautiful grandchildren. We affirm the truism that grandchildren are God's way of rewarding us for putting up with their parents! We attend Oak Hills Church, where Max Lucado and Randy Frazee are our pastors.