Michael Peterson

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
mtp1032

Michael Peterson

Post by mtp1032 »

I've been following B-Hebrew for a number of years now and have found the discussions invaluable. I'm largely self-taught having begun BH by taking two years of on-line classes from e-Teacher about 10 years ago. Since then it's been fascinating and revealing in ways I hadn't imagined. My understanding of the moral and ethical foundations of Christianity (rooted in the Hebrew Bible) has been immeasurably deepened. Indeed, this has been my principal focus.

I hold a PhD in Immunology, but worked as a software architect specializing in backup and disaster recovery systems (I designed the Microsoft ASR system for XP) until I retired in 2003. It was at that point that I took up the study of BH and it has been my full time avocation since. Apart from this I have no other formal training in either biblical languages or Bible scholarship.

Anyway, I am at the point where I can read BH without a lexicon nearby (tho' I seldom do). What I lack, at this point, is access to deeper content. Over the years the B-Hebrew alias has been a well-appreciated supplement to my other resources.

Thank you for establishing this forum.

חֶסֶד לָכֶם וְשָׁלוֹם