Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex - CSV files

A place for members to share information and news about books, software, and websites of interest.
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
cvkimball

Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex - CSV files

Post by cvkimball »

Norman Simon Rodriquez requested a version of the Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex in comma-separated-value format (csv). This format is readable by spreadsheets, such as OpenOffice, and very easy to input into databases. Easier, I suspect, than with the current text files. A typical row has 8 columns

Deut,26,5,1,וְעָנִ֨יתָ,w,null,Deut26:5.1

in the format: book abbreviation, chapter, verse, position, Hebrew text. type of text, transcription notes, id CR/LF.

Zipped files containing the complete Tanach with different contents (Consonants, Vowels, Accents, Morphology) are available. The file size is 3.5 Mb for Accents content. Please contact me if you're interested in one of these files.

Chris Kimball
Transcriber
West Redding, CT
USA
normansimonr

Re: Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex - CSV files

Post by normansimonr »

Thanks very much, Chris, for your help with the csv files.
BikeMadBrit

Post by BikeMadBrit »

Hi there.
I'd love a copy of your database also.
I also have one question.
Im looking for a database which has the words separated and translated similar to what bible hub uses.
http://biblehub.com/text/joshua/1-1.htm
If you could provide your files it would be a huge help.
Thanks
cvkimball

Post by cvkimball »

Dear BikeMadBrit,

The basic format for the Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex files is XML with HTML, ODT, and TXT formats provided, too. I don't have the current text in CSV format. If you really want what BibleHub format, please ask them if they can help as it appears that they're also using the WLC.

CSV is a pretty awkward format for text and I'd rather not generate it again. If you still need it, contact me at transcriber@tanach.us.

Chris Kimball
Transcriber
cvkimball

Post by cvkimball »

The software to produce CSV files has been found. It produces a single .csv file for the entire Tanach in one of 4 flavors: Morphology, Accents, Vowels, Consonants. The Tanach in this format has a LOT of lines, but if you'd like one or all 4, I'll send them by e-mail.

Chris Kimball
Transcriber