The 10 Days of Awe

Discussion must focus on the Hebrew text (including text criticism) and its ancient translations, not on archaeology, modern language translations, or theological controversies.
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
I Beleive

The 10 Days of Awe

Post by I Beleive »

As a I presently understand prophesy, I would expect the Second Coming of the Messiah to occur on the Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur. If it is true that the Time of Jacob's Trouble (Daniel's70th Week- 7-days) of years) to occur during these prophetic 10-days, what are we to think of the 3 other days. The Seven festivals of the Lord are a prophetic shadow of His plan for the ages and Israel's restoration. The festival of Trumpets must surely be represented by some future prophetic event. These 3 days are an enigma to me.
Gregory M. Wilson, J.D.
SteveMiller

Re: The 10 Days of Awe

Post by SteveMiller »

Greg,
I speculate that Jesus would return on the day of the blowing of trumpets (Rosh Hashana) as in 1Thes 4:16 & 1Cor 15:52. That is a guess.
The day of atonement would be fulfilled by Zech 12:10 after Jesus' return.

I don't see any connection to Daniel's 70th seven because that seven is 7 years. I understand it to be the 7 years before the Lord's return.
Sincerely yours,
Steve Miller
Detroit
http://www.voiceInWilderness.info
Honesty is the best policy. - George Washington (1732-99)
Yigal Levin

End of thread

Post by Yigal Levin »

Dear Gregory,

Co-moderator Kirk has already commented that Christ-related discussions of OT prophecy are outside of the boundaries of this list. Please adhere to the list rules.

Thank you,

Yigal Levin,

Co-moderator, B-Hebrew