Translation on Daniel 8:14

Discussion must focus on the Hebrew text (including text criticism) and its ancient translations, not on archaeology, modern language translations, or theological controversies.
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
Danielkim

Translation on Daniel 8:14

Post by Danielkim »

(Daniel 8:14) וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֵלַ֔י עַ֚ד עֶ֣רֶב בֹּ֔קֶר אַלְפַּ֖יִם וּשְׁלֹ֣שׁ מֵאֹ֑ות וְנִצְדַּ֖ק קֹֽדֶשׁ׃

I do not know how to read hebrew. but when I was look at this verse I was wondering if this verse has the word meaning "then" in hebrew.

the translation as " then it will be vindicated"

Is there anybody can confirm this for me please. I would like to know if the sanctuary will be begining to be vindicated after completion of 2300days.

so I would like to know if the original hebrew text has meaning of " Then" in it.

please help me.

thank you so much.

Daniel Kim.

Bible Scholar from Virginia U.S.A

by the way : Jesus is coming back on April 18th, 2030.
Facebook Group name = second coming April 18th, 2030.
God bless you all.

Destroy this temple, I will raise up New Jerusalem temple for three thousand years based on this Corner Stone" John 2:19, 2peter 3:8.

Jesus died on Wednesday and resurrected on Sunday in 30 A.D

Jesus is coming back on April 18th, 2030.
SteveMiller

Re: Translation on Daniel 8:14

Post by SteveMiller »

The verb "vindicated" is vav consecutive, so it takes place after the 2300 days. So "then" before "vindicated" is correct.
Sincerely yours,
Steve Miller
Detroit
http://www.voiceInWilderness.info
Honesty is the best policy. - George Washington (1732-99)
Mark Lightman

Post by Mark Lightman »

Danielkim wrote:...by the way : Jesus is coming back on April 18th, 2030.
Daniel, I think you have "buried the lead" here.
Mark Lightman
kwrandolph

Post by kwrandolph »

Danielkim wrote:(Daniel 8:14) וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֵלַ֔י עַ֚ד עֶ֣רֶב בֹּ֔קֶר אַלְפַּ֖יִם וּשְׁלֹ֣שׁ מֵאֹ֑ות וְנִצְדַּ֖ק קֹֽדֶשׁ׃

I do not know how to read hebrew. but when I was look at this verse I was wondering if this verse has the word meaning "then" in hebrew.
I haven’t looked at an English translation, so I don’t know where the “then” is in this verse. I don’t see one.

Do you mean “Then he said to me, …”?

Or “… (in order) that the set apart place (context of verse 13 indicates that this is place, not person nor object) was justified (considered just)”? “That” can also refer to a time period, that it took that long to justify the set apart place after it was defiled.

2300 days = a little over six years. For me, this raises the question, how long was the temple defiled at the time of the Maccabbees? I can think of no other time period that this fits. Further the context indicates that this was during the period of the Greek kingdoms that descended from the split of Alexander’s conquests. Seems to fit Antiochus Epiphanes. And it took a little over six years for the Jews to drive out Antiochus’ people (both Jewish traitors and non-Jews) who had defiled the temple.

That’s how I understand the verse.

Karl W. Randolph.

Ps: The dates at the bottom are why I delayed until now to answer, and even now almost didn’t answer.
S_Walch

Post by S_Walch »

kwrandolph wrote:
Danielkim wrote:(Daniel 8:14) וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֵלַ֔י עַ֚ד עֶ֣רֶב בֹּ֔קֶר אַלְפַּ֖יִם וּשְׁלֹ֣שׁ מֵאֹ֑ות וְנִצְדַּ֖ק קֹֽדֶשׁ׃

I haven’t looked at an English translation, so I don’t know where the “then” is in this verse. I don’t see one.

Do you mean “Then he said to me, …”?
David's referring to the ו of ונצדק

The usual English translation of this verse goes as follows: And he said to me, "For 2,300 evenings and mornings. Then the sanctuary shall be restored".
Ps: The dates at the bottom are why I delayed until now to answer, and even now almost didn’t answer.
I find it's best to try and ignore such statements with regards to the return of anyone...
Ste Walch
Danielkim

Post by Danielkim »

Paul said "Covet to prophesy"( 1Cor 14:1,3,5,39).

It is OK to prophesy for future based on understanding of scriptures.

let's wait and see.

there will be no rain for 1260 days beginning on April 1, 2023 through September 11, 2026. (rev 11:6).

this is my understanding.
kwrandolph

Post by kwrandolph »

Danielkim wrote:Paul said "Covet to prophesy"( 1Cor 14:1,3,5,39).
The ancient Greek verb προφητευειν was more often used in the sense of preaching than foretelling the future. Paul used it in this understanding in 1 Corinthian 14. It comes from the root meaning speaking forth.
Danielkim wrote:It is OK to prophesy for future based on understanding of scriptures.
But not to contradict Scripture.
Danielkim wrote:there will be no rain for 1260 days beginning on April 1, 2023 through September 11, 2026. (rev 11:6).

this is my understanding.
That’s not what that verse says. Furthermore, you add dates nowhere found in Scripture. Revelations 22:18.

This is getting off subject for b-hebrew, but it’s related in dealing how to read the text. When you read Daniel, you need to say just what’s there, not add your own ideas and say that that’s what the text says. The same is true for any portion of Tanakh. That’s why analyzing words, grammar, idioms, is so important, so we know exactly (as close as humanly possible) what the text says.

Just my 2¢.

Karl W. Randolph.