alhatorah site

A place for members to share information and news about books, software, and websites of interest.
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
Kenneth Greifer

alhatorah site

Post by Kenneth Greifer »

I just heard about a site called https://alhatorah.org/

It looks interesting. Maybe someone could look at it and tell me if you think it is useful and how.

It has a nice dictionary with a little picture of a keyboard that makes a virtual Hebrew keyboard on the screen, but I don't know what dictionary it has on it. Also, it has a concordance for Hebrew. Maybe I should not have recommended this site.
Kenneth Greifer
ducky

Re: alhatorah site

Post by ducky »

I know this site and it is helpful
you can write the root and it gives you all of its forms
and you can check a specific form

Also, each verse has a link for the Hebrew Rabbinic commentaries, and some of them have a translation to English (but most of them doesn't)

This is the link for the concordance
https://mg.alhatorah.org/Concordance

You can change it to English if you want while pressing the word עברית at the upper left side

On the right side, there is a button which is called: "basic" - and you can change it into "advance" - which then, you can check a few words inside a verse

at the upper side of this site (the link that I put here)
You can see an image of books
If you press that, you can search between the books
(but it is better just to use the concordance in my opinion and lead yourself to wherever you want

After you see the verses that the concordance found, there is a tab which is called "graph, which tells you how many times the word is found in each book

And also a tab of "dictionary"
It seems to me that the dictionary is the BDB
I'm not sure - but I didn't find that dictionary as something special.
David Hunter
Kenneth Greifer

Re: alhatorah site

Post by Kenneth Greifer »

David,

Thank you. If you click on the word "editions", it says the dictionary is based on a few dictionaries and it mentions all of the books they used on the site. I'll try to use it in the future maybe.
Kenneth Greifer