A glossary of Hebrew Grammatical terms?

A place for members to share information and news about books, software, and websites of interest.
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
Lee Moses

Re: A glossary of Hebrew Grammatical terms?

Post by Lee Moses »

talmid56 wrote:But are the terms there actually in Hebrew, or just English (and the usual Latin ones, like jussive and matres lectionis)?
Ideally, I'd like some that go back as far in history as possible, say, to the Mishnaic period if they existed that far back.

Dewayne Dulaney
Murphy's Pocket Dictionary strives to give the terminology in whatever form you might find it. Its purpose, however, is not really to provide a historical glossary. It is more designed to define terms that a modern student might encounter in grammars or in the classroom.
Kirk Lowery
Site Admin

Post by Kirk Lowery »

Please sign all posts with your full name.

See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=378.

Thanks!
Kirk E. Lowery, PhD
B-Hebrew Site Administrator & Moderator
blog: https://blogs.emdros.org/eh
Lee Moses

Post by Lee Moses »

Kirk Lowery wrote:Please sign all posts with your full name.

See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=378.

Thanks!
I do not mean to hijack this thread, but does this apply to those whose screen name is their full name? Every post I make already has my full name on it twice--it seems redundant to add it a third time. I have no problem meeting whatever the protocol is, but I wanted to be clear on this.

Lee Moses
Kirk Lowery
Site Admin

Post by Kirk Lowery »

All right, I'll accept your screen name. Most folk choose something other than their full name as a user name; but if Lee Moses (family name first?) is your real name, that's good enough for me. The issue is for members to take responsibility for their posts. Experience has taught us that otherwise the quality of rhetoric goes down.
Kirk E. Lowery, PhD
B-Hebrew Site Administrator & Moderator
blog: https://blogs.emdros.org/eh
Lee Moses

Post by Lee Moses »

Kirk Lowery wrote:All right, I'll accept your screen name. Most folk choose something other than their full name as a user name; but if Lee Moses (family name first?) is your real name, that's good enough for me. The issue is for members to take responsibility for their posts. Experience has taught us that otherwise the quality of rhetoric goes down.
Thank you for the explanation and for the, shall we call it, exemption? :D No, my family name is last, but Lee Moses is my real name. I certainly understand your reasoning, and agree with the general policy.