Where to find copy of A Hebrew & Chaldee lexicon to the Old Testament by Fürst, Julius, 1805-1873

A place for those new to Biblical Hebrew to ask basic questions about the language of the Hebrew Bible.
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
matt1260

Where to find copy of A Hebrew & Chaldee lexicon to the Old Testament by Fürst, Julius, 1805-1873

Post by matt1260 »

Hello!
I've been looking for a hard copy of this book for a long time. I've been using the online format at archive.org regularly but really wish I could have an actual copy to put bookmarks, etc. I saw one on Ebay once some years ago, but regretfully missed the opportunity to buy it then. If anyone could help, or maybe you have one and I can buy it from you, that would be fantastic!
Jason Hare

Re: Where to find copy of A Hebrew & Chaldee lexicon to the Old Testament by Fürst, Julius, 1805-1873

Post by Jason Hare »

I don’t think I can be of much help, but I am curious why this specific lexicon. Does it offer something different from other lexicons, especially more modern ones? What do you find most helpful about it? It’s not a lexicon that I know.
Jason Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel
The Hebrew Café
יוֹדֵ֣עַ צַ֭דִּיק נֶ֣פֶשׁ בְּהֶמְתּ֑וֹ וְֽרַחֲמֵ֥י רְ֝שָׁעִ֗ים אַכְזָרִֽי׃
ספר משלי י״ב, י׳
Chris Watts

Re: Where to find copy of A Hebrew & Chaldee lexicon to the Old Testament by Fürst, Julius, 1805-1873

Post by Chris Watts »

matt1260 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:24 am Hello!
I've been looking for a hard copy of this book for a long time. I've been using the online format at archive.org regularly but really wish I could have an actual copy to put bookmarks, etc. I saw one on Ebay once some years ago, but regretfully missed the opportunity to buy it then. If anyone could help, or maybe you have one and I can buy it from you, that would be fantastic!
Are you in USA or Europe?
chris watts
matt1260

Post by matt1260 »

Chris Watts wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:50 am
matt1260 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:24 am Hello!
Are you in USA or Europe?
chris watts
I am in Poland
matt1260

Post by matt1260 »

Jason Hare wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:10 am I don’t think I can be of much help, but I am curious why this specific lexicon. Does it offer something different from other lexicons, especially more modern ones? What do you find most helpful about it? It’s not a lexicon that I know.
Fuerst studied under Gesenius, and was able to expand upon Gesenius lexigraphical work pretty substantially. Fuerst provides the details of cognate language research, grammarians, and actually shows *how* words have been studied