Help me translate 1 Kings 19:2

A place for those new to Biblical Hebrew to ask basic questions about the language of the Hebrew Bible.
Forum rules
Members will observe the rules for respectful discourse at all times!
Please sign all posts with your first and last (family) name.
talmid56

Re: Help me translate 1 Kings 19:2

Post by talmid56 »

Yes, I listen to the bible.is one also, which I understand is from the Bible Society in Israel. I have a pocket-sized leather Hebrew Bible from them with Heb. NT. I've listened to most of the NT and all of Genesis in the Tanakh, as well as part of Exodus. However, I don't normally listen while I read the text, so I hadn't caught the mistakes you mentioned. Just wondering, could interference from Israeli Hebrew cause that? I understand from what I've read that Modern does stress some words differently from the Tiberian accent.

As for the BM site, perhaps the owner will add streaming in time. I understand he is still in process of doing the recordings. Last I heard, he had all of Tanakh done except for the Torah. Meanwhile, I encourage you to download a book or two and check it out. He also has some videos with text on screen with audio. I've listened to Psalms from his site and found it helpful.
Dewayne Dulaney
דואיין דוליני

Blog: https://letancientvoicesspeak.wordpress.com/

כִּ֤י שֶׁ֨מֶשׁ׀ וּמָגֵן֮ יְהוָ֪ה אֱלֹ֫הִ֥ים חֵ֣ן וְ֭כָבוֹד יִתֵּ֣ן יְהוָ֑ה לֹ֥א יִמְנַע־ט֝֗וֹב לַֽהֹלְכִ֥ים בְּתָמִֽים׃
--(E 84:11) 84:12 תהלים